Dental Implants in Southlake
Dental implants are a restorative solution for patients who have lost one or more of their teeth. There are many benefits to dental implants, and most people in good health are good candidates for the procedure. When it comes to replacing missing teeth, Dr. Wright or Dr. Heron can make recommendations on how to restore your smile and self-confidence.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant replaces a single tooth without having to attach crowns to surrounding teeth. An implant is built on a titanium post and topped with a natural looking crown to create an individual tooth replacement that quite literally stands on its own. Implants replace the root of the missing tooth, creating a durable replacement and restoring your smile to its natural strength and function. Depending on the individual, implants may be a better solution than bridges or dentures. Dr. Wright or Dr. Heron can help you decide which restorative solution is best for you.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide a permanent resolution for patients with missing teeth. Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- Versatility. Dental implants can be used to replace any number of teeth. For patients who have lost all the teeth on either the top or bottom dental arch, implant retained dentures are an ideal teeth replacement solution that won’t slip, slide, or require the use of adhesives.
- Implants do not affect surrounding teeth. Unlike with dental bridges, implants do not require the modification of the teeth on either side of the gap left by your missing tooth.
- There are cosmetic benefits to implants. Our teeth help maintain the underlying structure of our faces. If you are missing teeth, however, your cheeks may sink inward, making you look older than you really are. Dental implants help maintain healthy jaw bone density, and thereby help you retain a fuller, more youthful looking appearance.
- Implants help to encourage continued jaw health. When teeth are missing, the bone structure in your jaw can start to deteriorate. Replacing the tooth root with an implant maintains a healthy flow of nutrients to the jaw.
- Implants provide a longevity and security that other restorative solutions may be lacking.
Am I a Candidate for Implants?
Dental implants might be right for you if you have one or more missing teeth. If you are an adult whose jawbone has reached its full growth, and you have sufficient bone structure to support the implant, you may be a good candidate for the procedure. Other factors include being in good health and being free from any condition that negatively affects healing time, such as diabetes or certain cardiovascular disorders. The procedures involved in dental implants do take longer than dental bridges or dentures, but for those who are willing to invest a little more time into the restoration of their smile, dental implants can be a rewarding solution. Dr. Wright or Dr. Heron can answer any questions you may have about the possibility of receiving dental implants.
To find out if you’re a good candidate for dental implants, call Dr. Wright and Dr. Heron at (817) 481-7999. Located in Southlake, TX, we’ve proudly served the residents of Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and all surrounding communities since 1992.