Emergency Dental Care in Southlake
Tips for Addressing Emergency Dental Situations
What happens when you chip or even lose a tooth? At some point, many of us will be faced with a dental emergency. If the issue is serious or life threatening, you should call 911 or go to the emergency room right away. Otherwise, contact Southlake emergency dentist, Dr. Gregory Wright. In the meantime, there are steps you can take to address the immediate discomfort of a dental emergency situation.
Emergency Dentistry in Southlake, TX
A dental emergency, whether happening to you or a friend or family member, can be a scary situation. Don’t panic, instead, remain calm and follow these simple steps after contacting Dr. Wright.
- Toothaches: First, gently floss each side of the aching tooth. Then, rinse with warm water. If the pain continues, contact Dr. Wright as soon as possible.
- Objects Stuck Between Teeth: Only use dental floss to try and dislodge the object, otherwise you may end up injuring your gums or exacerbating the issue. If flossing and rinsing with warm water doesn’t remove the object, see Dr. Wright.
- Chipped Teeth: If you can, gather any pieces of the tooth and bring them with you to see Dr. Wright. If bleeding occurs, gently apply a small piece of gauze. You may also require a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- Knocked-Out Teeth: First, only pick the tooth up by the crown, never the root. Then, gently rinse the tooth under running water to remove dirt and debris. Don’t remove any tissue adhering to the tooth. Try and place the tooth back into the socket, biting down gently to hold the tooth into place. If this is impossible, place the tooth in a glass of milk and bring it with you to see Dr. Wright.
- Loose Filling or Crown: If a filling or crown becomes loose, contact Dr. Wright immediately. Then, pick up over-the-counter dental cement to secure the filling or crown until Dr. Wright can see you.
If you experience a dental emergency, then schedule an appointment immediately by calling Dr. Wright and Dr. Heron at (817) 481-7999. Located in Southlake, TX, we’ve proudly served the residents of Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and all surrounding communities since 1992.