Fire is an exciting medium to work with, and, at Wright Smiles, we can help your smile shine just as brightly. If you’re interested in brightening your smile, check out our cosmetic dentistry options. If you’re interested in helping glassblowers in our community make glass bowls at Vetro, read on!
What Is Vetro?
Vetro is a state-of-the-art glass blowing studio founded in 1999 by glass artist David Gappa. Over the years, Gappa has cultivated a team of highly talented artists and built a worldwide following for their always-expanding catalog of original glass designs and innovative glass blowing techniques that create the pieces available in their attached gallery and shop.
How Can I Get Involved?
These next two Saturdays, January 18th and 25th, 2020, members of our community will have the exciting opportunity to celebrate the new year with Vetro by helping to create your own unique blown glass bowl.
What Will I Be Doing at the Event?
The following is how the events will proceed, as outlined by their website:
- Gallery Check-in at the front desk and sign participant waivers
- Entering Studio you then will be directed into the studio where the glassblowers will call you up during your time slot to Help Create your glass piece
- Choose from a selection of 5 color schemes
- Apply your own color to the molten glass
- Heat assisting glassblowers with melting the color into the clear glass on the blowpipe (14 years and older)
- Watch while the artist shapes your Flared Bowl
- Pick up your glass artwork the following business day after 3:00 p.m.
When Are These Events, and Where Is the Studio?
The events will be held on January 18th from 10 AM to 1 PM, and then again from 4 PM to 6 PM. On January 25th, the event will last from 2 PM to 6 PM. You must register online to ensure your place and your unique glass bowl, which costs $65.
Vetro is located in the historic district of Grapevine, TX, at 701 South Main Street, #103.
If you want more information, you can visit Vetro’s website or call them at (817) 251-1668.
Time For a Bright, Shiny New Smile?
This new year, we resolve to help keep your smile healthy and beautiful. We recognize that oral health is partnership between you and our trusted team at Wright Smiles in Southlake, TX. We can keep an eye on your smile and let you know if we see any issues, and you can let us know if there’s anything you wish to change about your smile. To learn more, please call our office today at (817) 481-7999.