You may overlook dental bonding in many instances in which it will actually be just what you need. So, why do you tend to forget about it, you wonder? Well, because it’s not the most exciting, flashiest of our cosmetic dentistry treatments. It does, however, offer lots of wonderful benefits that you should really get to know, in case you end up needing a quick fix for a little esthetic problem or two. Consider helpful information from our Southlake, TX team! As always, we look forward to helping you arrive at a smile you truly love!
About Bonding: In A Nutshell
What is dental bonding? It might not seem very fancy but it happens to do so many things! Let’s begin by explaining to you just what you can make of this cosmetic treatment:
- We use composite, the same acrylic resin material used in white fillings, to fix little problems
- We manipulate the composite to paint over your tooth or to sculpt
- We can customize the shade of the composite to improve or match your tooth color
Why You May Need It
You may need dental bonding to fix cosmetic issues in which you need to cover something up, replace the slightest bit of missing tissue, or add tissue where nature did not provide it. Consider the following:
- Dental bonding can fix chips
- It can fill small spaces between teeth
- We can cover stains
- You may use it to extend a tooth or to change its shape
Why It May Be Overkill To Choose Other Stuff
Think about dental bonding and what you know about it so far. Then, think about some of our other cosmetic treatments and our explanations:
- If you need to treat one small stain on a tooth, choosing whitening for your entire smile is not necessary, when we can cover the stain with bonding!
- If you require one tooth to look somewhat longer, a full set of veneers is overdoing it! You just need bonding.
Remember that dental bonding will look completely natural! Once we place the composite, we dry it through a special curing process, and then polish the entire tooth. You will be pleased with the customized color of the composite and with the natural appearance of your smile. In addition, as long as you’re following through on the same care we always suggest for you, then you can keep the treated tooth or teeth in lovely condition with ease! Brush, floss, and visit us!
Treat Your Smile With Dental Bonding
Remember to consider dental bonding for your smile when you are taking the time to weigh out the different cosmetic treatment options available to you. It is often a budget-friendly, quick option with lovely results. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake and surrounding areas.