When you’re trying to figure out what to do about your gum disease, whether this is actually affecting you, and if it is, what you should do about it, you may feel like you’re going in circles. You’ve got a lot of questions and concerns but perhaps, no solid answers. We ask that you give yourself a quick break with our gum health quiz. Then, of course, if you’re still not certain about what you need, stop everything, call us up, and set up time to see us.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you notice that your gum health is probably not as good as it could be, we strongly suggest that you brush harder and longer and floss more frequently.
- True or False: You can easily treat your gums preventively to avoid problems like gingivitis and periodontal disease by brushing, flossing, and remembering to schedule cleanings at our practice.
- True or False: Once gum disease begins, the only way to reverse it or treat it is to visit our team for a deep cleaning and any other periodontal care we suggest. Home care will not suffice.
- False. Brushing more and harder won’t help. It will only make matters worse. You’re past the point of being able to rely on home care for your gum health. Dental hygiene and routine cleanings will prevent problems but not solve them.
- True. You can most certainly rely on brushing, flossing, cleanings, and other aspects of preventive care to assist you in keeping gum disease from developing.
- True. You’ll most certainly need professional perio care to get your gum tissue back to a state of good health. A deep cleaning and possibly additional treatment will be needed!
Make A Visit With Us For Gum Health Protection
If you think your gums may be in need of assistance, protect the future of your gum health by scheduling care with us ASAP. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.