There are many gifts you’d like to receive this year (and probably many you are very excited to give). However, we are fairly certain that “the flu” is not on either of your lists. So, how to make sure you’re not the giver or recipient of this fairly common virus? We think a dental hygiene quiz that guides you through simple steps will be of service.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s a good idea to wash your hands before you do anything that might introduce germs into your mouth. This may include your dental hygiene!
- True or False: It’s also very smart to wash hands (or sanitize them) after you have brushed your teeth, flossed your teeth, or even eaten! This will help you avoid accidentally spreading germs to others if you happen to be carrying the flu virus (or the common cold).
- True or False: Even if you aren’t sharing your toothbrush with someone else, you should also be careful about products that touch or share a common area, which may also spread germs.
- True. When you place your fingers near or in your mouth (or even touch your toothbrush, which you place in your mouth), you may end up ingesting flu or cold germs during dental hygiene.
- True. You might not realize that you have saliva on your skin and then touch something, thereby spreading your germs! Remember that washing after you eat, brush, etc., is always thoughtful.
- True. While you certainly don’t want to share your brush, you also need to remain mindful of sharing toothpaste, sharing a toothbrush cup, or simply remembering to prevent brushes from touching.
Protect Yourself With Easy Dental Hygiene Tips
Make it through flu season safely with some easy tips for your home care. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.