First, let us say that we absolutely appreciate it when you feel excited and determined to take excellent care of your smile. Great. Now, with that said: Sometimes, it’s possible to go overboard when you’re trying to do what’s best for your grin. Though the effort is most certainly admirable, that doesn’t necessarily translate into good-for-your oral health results. So, try your hand at our quiz to find out whether you’ve got the idea of if you may need to pull back just a bit and stick more closely to our specified guidelines.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: A brushing session that is five minutes long is always even better than the suggested two minutes required for effective prevention.
- True or False: As much toothpaste as you can get onto the head of your toothbrush and that you can use comfortably is best for your oral health.
- True or False: Filling up your medicine cabinet of extra toothpaste, mouthwash, and other dental hygiene products is always a good plan. These types of products will not expire.
- False. Brushing for extended sessions is not going to do anything good for your oral health. Brushing for two minutes is effective. Avoid irritation and damage by sticking to the guideline!
- False. You might be surprised by just how much toothpaste you’re wasting. You don’t need very much. Not even a strip the length of the brush head. You need an amount equal to the size of a pea when you brush. Really, it’s true!
- False. Many dental hygiene products have a shelf life! Check the expiration date and make sure you’re not over-purchasing, so you don’t end up overdoing it and wasting your money.
Get A Guideline Refresher During Your Next Visit
Not sure you’re right on track with your dental hygiene and more? We’ll be happy to review the details with you when we see you next. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.