When you’re traveling for the holidays and you’re not someone who is receiving oral appliance therapy for any type of concern, it’s already hard enough to pack everything you need and keep up with every last detail. So, what to do when you’ve begun therapy but you aren’t exactly sure how to transition into travel mode, while you do what’s best for your health? We happen to be very good at assisting you with such questions! A simple quiz will do the trick.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re planning on heading out of town for holiday celebrations, then it’s best to leave your oral appliance at home. It’s so easy to lose it when you’re away from home.
- True or False: It’s okay to cheat just once or twice a year and to skip wearing your appliance. Your body isn’t going to notice.
- True or False: The best way to keep your oral health concern on track is to sit down and plan ahead (this usually includes writing out a travel list, so you don’t forget a single thing!).
- False. We never recommend leaving your oral appliance at home, while you travel. It’s very easy to store and keep your appliance safe, whether you’re treating sleep apnea, bruxism, etc.
- False. Your body will most certainly notice that you are not wearing your bruxism appliance or sleep apnea appliance. It’s best to try to keep your habits as consistent as you can when you travel, so you don’t end up with discomfort or fatigue when you’re attempting to have a nice time!
- True. As with every other detail associated with travel, creating a system that works for organizing your plans and making sure you pack everything (including your appliance) can work wonders. Spend just a little bit of prep time for exceptional results.
Keep Your Treatment Steady For Optimal Oral Health
If you are looking for tips or guidance with your oral appliance therapy, remember to speak with us soon, so we may be of help! Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.