One second, your smile feels perfectly fine. The next, a toothache is causing you some discomfort. Whether it’s mild or severe, do you know how you should be responding to this occurrence? How about possible reasons for the pain? Do you know why the discomfort has arisen? Our quiz will shed some light on how much you know right now (and it just might teach you a thing or two!).
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you can get your toothache to go away completely with over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, then it’s probably not something that is going to require a dental visit.
- True or False: When you experience pain in your tooth, it’s probably a cavity. Since this is the case, you don’t need to contact us with any urgency.
- True or False: Generally speaking, if it’s not tooth decay causing your discomfort, then it is most likely an infection.
- False. It’s wonderful to be able to achieve temporary relief with an OTC pill. However, this is only a temporary fix. Rely on this short-term to keep your toothache under control but also contact us to schedule a visit soon.
- False. If it is a cavity, you should remember that it can become worse, it can lead to a broken tooth, and it can lead to infection. It’s best to schedule that visit with great urgency!
- False. It could be decay, an infection, sensitivity due to erosion, a crack, or something else! This, of course, is why we suggest a checkup.
Treat Your Toothache With An Immediate Visit
Come in for a dental checkup as soon as you can when a toothache hits. It will let us minimize possible side effects, while restoring your oral health. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.