Whether you’re coming in to our practice for a cleaning, a dental checkup, cosmetic care, a filling, or anything else, you may have one question on your mind: Should I eat first? This is a very common concern and something that patients often make their minds up about without asking for our help! If you’re making assumptions but aren’t certain about whether you’re correct, it may be worth using our quiz as your very reliable resource on the topic.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: The old tale is true. You should avoid eating before a dental checkup or visit of any kind, so that you enjoy a comfortable experience.
- True or False: It’s a better idea to focus on eating carbohydrates and sugary foods before your visit. These foods are less likely to become stuck between your teeth.
- True or False: You should always think about the way your pre-appointment meal will make you feel. If it’s something that’s known to upset your tummy, etc., better to keep things bland.
- False. Actually, this old tale is completely false! Do you really want to sit back in our chair, while your stomach grumbles and you feel extreme hunger? Nope. Eat first, whether before a dental checkup or other visit. It’s best.
- False. Actually, many types of foods can become stuck between your teeth. Unfortunately, carb- and sugar-packed snacks and meals may give you a spurt of energy followed by a sensation of feeling exhausted. It’s better to choose a protein-rich meal instead. Brushing and flossing will help with any leftover food.
- True. Eat something that makes you feel good, so you feel wonderful during your appointment.
Ask For Tips For Successful Visits
Wondering about what you can do for the most comfortable visits possible? Just ask us! Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.