Are you dealing with the onset of symptoms like a popping jaw, discomfort, or facial pain that you are attributing to TMJ disorder (TMD) but you have not yet received a professional diagnosis? If so, you might wonder if this is something you should do, if you should try to figure out treatment on your own, and more. As with most issues, seeking professional help is always a wise choice. Consider the details of our quiz and then go from there!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are unsure whether the discomfort or other symptoms affecting your oral health are related to TMJ disorder, we ask that you don’t worry about this factor. Instead, it is best to call up, set up a visit, and let us determine the cause of the problem.
- True or False: If it turns out that you are suffering from TMD, then we can address minor concerns with something called oral appliance therapy. You’ll wear a mouthguard that protects your jaws by cushioning teeth.
- True or False: If you have an extremely serious TMD issue occurring, we will be more than happy to refer you to a trusted specialist who can offer improvement.
- True. TMJ disorder comes with a variety of symptoms, some of which you may notice and some of which you may not. For an accurate diagnosis and suggestion for treatment, your best first move is to schedule a visit at our practice.
- True. We’ll suggest a mouthguard similar to that offered for bruxism that you can wear nightly. We’ll also offer additional suggestions.
- True. When your jaws are in need of specialized care, we will help you secure the treatment you need.
See Us For A TMD Diagnosis Today!
Don’t hesitate when your smile doesn’t seem like its usual self. Instead, come in right away for a diagnosis and treatment suggestions. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.