Summer is on its way, as you have likely noticed, thanks to some very warm days that have already come and gone. While your main thoughts likely center around seasonal activities and all the fun that comes with this sunny time of year, our thoughts remain on one topic: Your oral health, of course! So, do take just a moment to run through our summer smile quiz and we can rest easy knowing you’re prepared for a grin-safe June, July, And August.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: As long as you are placing sunscreen on your facial skin, you don’t need to worry about your lips. It will transfer onto them as you’re outside, so they remain protected.
- True or False: As long as those summery beverages you drink are water-based, there’s no need to worry that you’re putting your oral health in harm’s way.
- True or False: We don’t necessarily suggest that you come in for a checkup before summer travel. If something happens on your trip, you can always look for an emergency dentist at your location.
- False. In order to make sure you’re protecting your entire face this summer, you should purchase a separate product specifically formulated for your delicate lip tissue. There are many options out there. Just make sure it includes SPF.
- False. Most of the beverages you consume are water based, which includes fruit juices, iced tea, coffee, and more. So, remember: If it’s acidic or contains sugar, drink with caution and always rinse once you’re finished.
- False. We always suggest a checkup before major travel, so you don’t find yourself with an oral health problem but without a familiar dentist to help you.
Keep Your Summer Safe And Enjoyable With Dental Care Tips
Remember to talk with us about how to keep your smile safe throughout the entire year by coming in for care. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.