What you don’t think about most of the time is, unfortunately, still ever-present in the case of plaque. This sticky substance covers your smile every day. It shows up again even when you’ve cleaned it away! While you may be going through the motions to keep your smile clean, that doesn’t necessarily mean you completely understand why or exactly what plaque has to do with your oral health. Don’t worry, our quiz will explain.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s extremely easy to remove plaque from your smile, so any attempt at brushing will generally get most of it off of your smile.
- True or False: Plaque contains a small amount of bacteria. It can leave a gross film on your teeth but it’s not very threatening if you don’t clean your teeth as often as you mean to.
- True or False: Plaque is the leading cause of the oral health problems known as tooth decay and gingivitis. Fortunately, you can avoid these complications.
- False. You require thorough care to remove plaque from your smile. While it’s not rocket science, it does require you to brush for two minutes and floss between your teeth, ensuring you clean every available surface.
- False. Actually, it is full of bacteria, some friendly but some not. The bad bacteria can lead to serious damage if you’re not careful about thoroughly cleaning your teeth consistently.
- True. You can avoid the damage caused by plaque with preventive care for your oral health. In addition to the aforementioned home care, come in for twice-a-year dental cleanings.
Protect Yourself From Plaque With Dental Cleanings
Remember that part of taking care of your smile and avoiding plaque-related problems includes coming to see us for dental cleanings. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.