If you have heard of gum disease but you don’t actually know much about the details of gingivitis, we strongly encourage you to make an effort to learn more. You see, when you’re knowledgeable about this issue, you are better equipped to protect yourself against it. Rather than attempt to figure it out on your own, we suggest you come to us for further information. For now, a quiz will most certainly help you gain a wealth of valuable information.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Gingivitis is only something that can happen to mature individuals who have never taken care of their teeth.
- True or False: You’re more likely to develop gum inflammation when you’re pregnant, which is one of the reasons it’s so important you keep up with your preventive care during this time.
- True or False: There’s no way to stop gingivitis once it begins but you should still do your best to keep your smile clean.
- False. Unfortunately, gingivitis is a problem that can affect anyone of any age. From very young children to older adults, it’s simply the inflammation of gum tissue (even tissue that is usually healthy can become affected).
- True. Did you know that hormonal shifts can increase your chance of gum inflammation? This means pregnant women (and often pubescent teens) are more at risk.
- False. Usually, we can stop this problem and return you to your healthy smile. Unfortunately, if you wait too long for treatment, however, the problem will worsen and may become chronic.
Prevent Gingivitis With Our Professional Care
Remember that seeing us for checkups and cleanings is essential in protecting your smile against gingivitis and other problems. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.