Did you know that your ideas about porcelain veneers may be spot on? Did you know that they might also be fabricated based on things you have just been guessing or things you have heard? Instead of assuming veneers just might not be for you, we encourage you to get your facts straight first. Then, you may find that you feel reinvigorated at the thought of considering veneers for your smile makeover.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Porcelain veneers are prosthetic devices that will completely cover your tooth after placement
- True or False: Veneers are extremely thin and delicate, so you will not be able to eat the same foods you usually enjoy. Instead, you will need to avoid anything crunchy or at all hard.
- True or False: In order to place veneers in a way that maximizes their appearance and helps them look most natural, we will need to remove a substantial amount of your natural tissue first.
- False. Porcelain veneers do not cover your full teeth. Instead, each veneer is a partial shell that provides camouflaging to the area of your tooth that is visible to others.
- False. It’s true that veneers are very thin but they are not delicate. They are resilient, similar to your dental tissue but not indestructible. As a result, we suggest you follow the same suggestions while you wear them as you do when you do not (enjoy your usual diet but don’t push your smile beyond its natural strength and durability).
- False. We may need to remove a very small amount of dental tissue. However, it will be minimal and will only affect your enamel.
Learn More About Veneers During A Consultation
Come in for a consultation with our team, so you may learn more about which treatment is best to improve your smile. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.