What types of little habits have you formed and accumulated over the years? Do you bite your fingernails? Do you finish each dental hygiene session by staring closely at your smile and tongue in the mirror? When you’re not sure if your actions are good or possibly bad for your oral health, it can be hard to determine whether you’re doing what’s best. While we can help you get started with a quick quiz, we also remind you to ask us for our opinion during your visits for specific answers.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you soak your toothbrush in mouthwash every night, you’re doing yourself a world of good when it comes to protecting your oral health and making for effective dental hygiene sessions.
- True or False: If you’re chewing on something habitually, such as the edge of your coffee cup, a highlighter, gum, ice, or anything else, it could prove disastrous for your smile.
- True or False: It’s wonderful to look at your oral tissues on a daily basis, just to make sure everything looks good.
- False. There’s nothing wrong with rinsing your toothbrush in mouthwash. However, nightly soaking may affect how long the bristles last. In addition, this is completely unnecessary. Thoroughly rinsing the toothbrush in water is sufficient.
- True. Chewing on hard objects (and excessive chewing) can result in damage like a broken tooth. Or, issues like bruxism and TMJ disorder may develop.
- True. While daily check-ins aren’t necessary, it’s always beneficial to keep a close eye on your oral health. If symptoms arise, you can call us right away for a checkup.
Learn About Good Habits During Checkups
Find out about how to form good habits for your oral health during your time at our practice. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.