When you make your foray into the world of restorative care, whether for minor repairs to your smile or something major like tooth replacement, you will likely hear about biocompatibility as it applies to your oral health. While it might sound impressive and you can tell it’s good for you, that doesn’t mean you feel educated on the topic. As always, we know that our patients feel the most confident when they feel informed, so we are happy to present the details you might need through a brief yet detail-packed quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s very important to use biocompatible materials in your mouth because it means your dental work will not irritate your oral health.
- True or False: Without biocompatible materials, we would not be able to place dental implants. Thanks to the fact that titanium does not damage organic tissue, your body will not reject the implant.
- True or False: When we talk about the field of dental care that relies on substances that mimic your natural structures, while making sure the materials we use do not harm your tissues, it’s known as biomimetic dentistry.
- True. Absolutely. If we were to place materials that irritated your tissues or that caused some type of damage, it would go directly against our mission of protecting, repairing, and maintaining your oral health!
- True. As you may already know, your body rejects objects that it considers foreign. As a result, the only way to essentially convince your body that something like an implant is safe is to use material that will not harm it.
- True. This is accurate. Of course, providing you with repairs and treatments that are safe and replicate natural tissue as closely as possible is extremely advantageous.
Choose Biocompatible Dental Care To Protect Your Smile
We offer beautiful, biocompatible restorations for your smile, so you can protect your oral health and restore your smile all at once. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.