There’s something very exciting and almost magical about loose baby teeth! When your son or daughter’s first loose tooth happens, it is certainly cause for a bit of celebration. However, this moment may also lead to a long list of questions that you’re not sure you can answer. Should you force the tooth out or leave it alone? We’ve got you covered with a brief quiz, of course!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: The moment your child’s tooth begins to wiggle, you’re in the clear for using the old-fashioned “string and doorknob” trick to help remove it.
- True or False: When a tooth is loose, it’s very important that you get it out somehow. Letting it come out naturally is going to take too long.
- True or False: If your child’s baby teeth are not loose by the time your son or daughter is five, you should come in for a visit.
- False. This is never something we recommend. It can be traumatic for your child and may even cause injury!
- False. It’s always best to let a tooth come out naturally to avoid accidental injury. If your child’s tooth seems to be hanging around for a while and it isn’t coming out with the tiniest bit of a tug, come see us.
- False. Actually, baby teeth should start to become loose by the age of six or seven. If your child is older than seven and teeth are still not wiggling, it’s a good idea to schedule a visit. However, since you should be scheduling six-month checkups on a consistent basis, we can monitor this for you!
Protect Loose Teeth, So Smiles Develop Well
Coming in for a visit if you have questions about your child’s loose teeth is always beneficial! Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.