Do you have misaligned teeth? Do you know that your smile could definitely look a lot more consistent but you don’t know if you’re dealing with a true alignment problem or just a bit of a cosmetic concern? Whatever the case, it’s important to remember that you can find out in an instant by scheduling a visit with our practice to talk further about your smile and how we can make it look better. For now, let’s help fill you in on the information you need with a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If your teeth are misaligned, it’s best to take care of them because ignoring the problem may yield negative impacts on your oral health.
- True or False: It’s possible to think that you require orthodontic care for misaligned teeth when you really just need cosmetic treatment.
- True or False: There are many types of misalignment, so there is not just a one-size-fits-all treatment to address all issues.
- True. Misaligned teeth aren’t just something that make your smile look unsightly. This includes the poor balance of your teeth and your jaws, which can cause both hygiene-related and functional issues (from cavities to TMJ disorder) with your oral health.
- True. Sometimes, you don’t require orthodontic care because your teeth aren’t actually misaligned, they just don’t look as uniform as they could. Treatments like bonding can fill spaces, while veneers can create improved consistency.
- True. There’s a long list of malocclusions, from overcrowding and spacing to issues like underbite and overbite.