Are you doing all the right things to keep your enamel safe? Or, are you overlooking some simple facts that are leading you to accidentally damage this hard, outer layer of your teeth? When you’re feeling wholly unsure on the topic, we suggest you bring your questions to us! For the current moment, take time to gain a bit of enlightenment by taking our quiz (you just might find you’re already on track, after all!).
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you want to keep your enamel safe and you’re a soda drinker, it’s important that you only drink diet sodas to protect your teeth.
- True or False: If you’re looking for a new toothpaste, we encourage you reach for one that includes an abrasive ingredient that can really scrub your teeth. It will help eliminate plaque and stains.
- True or False: Since coffee is packed with powerful antioxidants and can provide benefits to your oral health, there’s no reason to worry about how it might affect your enamel.
- False. While cutting out sugar is always good for your teeth, including your enamel, switching to diet isn’t going to accomplish much. Unfortunately, no matter the type of sweetener, the fact that soda is acidic means it’s always on the no-no list when it comes to your smile.
- False. It’s actually always best to use the gentlest products on your teeth, rather than looking for a way to really scrub them. The plaque you’re looking to eradicate is soft enough for removal by nonabrasive, fluoridated toothpaste and a brush with soft bristles.
- False. It’s true that there are benefits to coffee. However, similar to sodas, it’s extremely acidic! Simply practice caution if you’re addicted to your daily cup of joe.