Have you ever wondered if the knowledge you carry around in your mind about your dental hygiene is actually accurate? Or, do you worry that you have read some random tidbits that you have somehow taken in as fact (when the details are anything but reliable)? Fortunately, you can always come to us to receive clarification. At the moment, are you curious to see what you do and don’t know? Check your knowledge with our toothbrush quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: As long as you are brushing your teeth, you’re doing what you need to do for your dental hygiene. The hype regarding only using soft bristles is not true.
- True or False: Even thought we strongly suggest that you brush your teeth and floss your teeth, you don’t necessarily need to floss. Your toothbrush will take care of that for you as long as you slide the bristles between your teeth.
- True or False: If you’re going to make the most of your dental care in your home, it’s important you purchase a brush that is actually reputable. If you’re buying the bargain toothbrush, you’re not going to see results.
- False. If anyone tells you that your dental hygiene will be just fine with any brush, don’t listen. You do, in fact, need soft bristles to clean your teeth without stripping your enamel or damaging your gums.
- False. This isn’t true. Yes, you can make a bit of a dent in the plaque accumulation between teeth with your brush but nothing significant. Your oral hygiene must include flossing for successful results.
- False. The reputation and cost of the brush is not important. Buying one that fits your mouth and hand, that has soft bristles, (and preferably that is accepted by the ADA) is what you need.