While you might be familiar with some very specific details of dental hygiene, you might find that the easier, basic information eludes you. For example, do you know with certainty how much toothpaste you should use each time you brush? A helpful quiz will answer that question for you!
Quiz Questions: Toothpaste
- True or False: An adult should typically use a segment of toothpaste measuring around 1 inch in length by about ¼ inch in width for effective dental hygiene.
- True or False: We suggest you use the amount of approximately three pea-size dollops of toothpaste for children.
- True or False: If you want to get your teeth to look whiter, it’s generally a good idea to double up on the amount of toothpaste you use as a means of achieving stain removal.
- False. It often seems like you need a nice big serving of toothpaste to clean your smile. However, making sure your dental hygiene is offering the results you want only requires you to use toothpaste in the amount of one single pea. It’s true! Give it a try and you will find that you don’t need as much as you initially thought.
- False. If your child is over the age of five, you may use approximately ½ a pea-size amount. Remember that children need supervision because swallowing fluoridated toothpaste must be avoided. From three to five years of age, just coat the bristles with a thin film of paste.
- False. More toothpaste will not help. Instead, you may use whitening toothpaste for gentle polishing (or you should speak with us about cosmetic options like teeth whitening).