How familiar are you with your lip health, how to keep your lip tissue healthy, and what to do if something seems amiss? While this might seem like a foreign area of dental care to you, your lips provide a framework for your smile and are just as important as your remaining tissues. To see where you fall on the spectrum of lip knowledge (and to help you figure out the types of questions you may wish to ask during your next visit), we invite you to take our lip quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you notice a sore on your lip but you aren’t certain what it is or how to treat it, it’s a good idea to contact us for a visit.
- True or False: Dealing with dry, cracked lips during particularly dry weather (like winter) is not something you just need to deal with. You can protect your lip health with some easy steps.
- True or False: It’s always a good idea to apply lip balm before you come in for a checkup or other visit, so your lips feel pliable and comfortable during your visit.
- True. A variety of harmful and benign issues may occur with your lips. To protect your lip health, it’s always wise to contact us if you think something is wrong. We can identify and treat the problem, while filling you in on the types of problems to look for and how to respond.
- True. You can keep lips moist by drinking more water, using a humidifier in your room, applying lip treatment, and preventing soaps and other drying cosmetics from coming into contact with your mouth.
- True. Lip balm moisturizes your lips, so you feel completely comfortable before, during, and after your checkup, cleaning, or otherwise.