Particularly for patients who invest a lot of time and effort into making thoughtful beverage choices, finding out that some favorites may or may not be safe can be a bit shocking! Then, there are those individuals who essentially think of themselves and their favorite drink as “one.” This is commonly the case for coffee or tea lovers. The good news is that regardless of your refreshment of choice, you don’t necessarily need to give it up. However, it’s always a good idea to know how your selections are impacting your dental health.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When you drink beverages that are extremely pigmented, they are likely to lead to stains. This is especially true when you drink them on a regular basis.
- True or False: If you choose a drink that’s not ideal for your dental health, there is something you can do to protect your smile without giving up your favorite treat.
- True or False: Drinks that are high in sugar or very acidic (or both) are generally the most dangerous for your smile.
- True. Are you a fan of coffee, red wine, tea, hot cocoa, or other drinks that have a reputation as substances that can easily stain a white blouse? If so, they can stain your teeth. Rinse with water after consuming and consider limiting the frequency with which you indulge.
- True. You may drink that beverage as often as you want! However, you will want to rinse your mouth with water afterwards. Then, it’s very beneficial to brush your teeth. Just wait a half hour to avoid brushing too soon.
- True. One, the other, or both can cause enamel erosion (the damage of your tooth’s outer, protective layer). This paves the way for dental health problems like decay and sensitivity.