Have you been fighting the urge lately to choose OTC teeth whitening for your smile because you know it’s “bad” (but you aren’t actually able to come up with any reasons it’s a less than ideal choice for your teeth)? We applaud your decision to stick to your intuition and to stay away from an over-the-counter treatment that we suggest you avoid. To find out if you actually do know more than you think about protecting your smile (or to help you soak up a few new facts) we invite you to breeze through a quick quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: A main reason we suggest you stay away from OTC teeth whitening is the fact that it’s so expensive.
- True or False: A primary reason we encourage you to choose professional whitening is the fact that our treatment will protect you, while the stuff from the drugstore often causes damage.
- True or False: OTC whitening is diluted, which means that it can lighten your teeth by just a small amount but you aren’t going to see a compelling shade improvement.
- False. While it can become expensive if you purchase it over and over, it’s quite inexpensive. This is a seemingly attractive feature that should send up a warning flag for you: OTC whitening is too good to be true. You might spend less money but you won’t achieve the desired goal.
- True. Drugstore purchased teeth whitening might damage your smile, while the products we select are carefully chosen to keep smiles safe.
- True. For the dramatic change you want, avoiding OTC products is essential because they are simply not powerful enough to safely or effectively lift stains.