Are you having trouble keeping your breath nice and fresh these days? If so, you may find yourself down in the doldrums because you’re embarrassed by the problem you cannot seem to address. The good news is that there are answers (and fixes) for this oral health issue. However, if you’re not sure how to proceed, this is often a stumbling block for patients. Allow us to offer some details (and see how much you know on the matter) with a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you have bad breath, it’s almost always because of the food you’re eating. Stop eating strong-smelling food and your problem will go away.
- True or False: The primary cause of serious bad breath is too much bacteria in your mouth. This can build up as the result of different oral health issues.
- True or False: Sometimes, hidden factors play a role. In this case, when you are out of ideas, it’s a good plan to come in for an oral health checkup.
- False. If you’re dealing with bad breath that hangs around right after you eat certain foods and then goes away, then it’s the food. However, when discussing chronic halitosis, this is more than just the food you’re eating, since the smell lingers.
- True. If your oral health isn’t all that it could be, halitosis can be a warning sign. In general, it’s because you are not brushing and flossing as we suggest, because of tooth decay, gingivitis, or infection, or because you need to start brushing your tongue.
- True. It is always advisable that you come see us about your smile. Problems like dry mouth or certain medication can play into bad breath, so it’s wise to come speak with us for help.