Do you think you’ve pulled out all the stops and prepared your smile for summer? Perhaps you didn’t even consider the change of the season and what it could possibly have to do with your oral health. Good news: There’s nothing major to consider here – just some helpful suggestions that will allow you to make the most of the sunny days that will soon be here to stay for a while. See how prepared you are (or start getting ready) with the help of our brief quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s a very good idea to purchase some mini-size dental hygiene items (generally found in the travel section of the drugstore) as the summer begins. That way, if you travel, you will be ready to care for your oral health no matter where you end up.
- True or False: It’s extremely important that you determine whether your next twice-annual exam and dental cleaning fall within the summer months.
- True or False: It’s best to wait until after your travel to take care of any smile concerns.
- True. Whether you find yourself camping, backpacking, or flying off on a vacation, having travel-size oral health items ready to go means you will never be stuck without a way to clean your smile.
- True. If you are meant to schedule your next checkup and cleaning with us over the summer, do so! Waiting too long may cause you to procrastinate even longer – the sooner we remove plaque and tartar buildup and check your smile, the easier it is to keep your oral health in good condition.
- False. We always suggest taking care of them first. You can then expect a comfortable trip and won’t need to worry about complications (like tooth discomfort due to cabin pressure while flying).