Have you found yourself with quite a guilty conscience because of sleep apnea? Maybe you are feeling bad about the fact that we have suggested sleep apnea treatment for you. For instance, you may assume that this is something you should be able to treat and rid yourself of all on your own. When it comes to all of those emotions you experience regarding this sleep disorder, we suggest you find a way to avoid reacting. Instead, recognize that sleep apnea affects a diverse and wide variety of people. Seeking treatment is your best bet no matter what. Now, see what you really know with a quick quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: There is no reason to feel bad about your diagnosis and the fact that you may not have even known you needed sleep apnea treatment. Most people are unaware of it.
- True or False: If you are interested in becoming dedicated enough, you can cure your sleep apnea on your own.
- True or False: It’s an old wives’ tale that sleeping on your back contributes to problems like snoring and sleep apnea. You may sleep however you wish.
- True. Most people fail to recognize that they need sleep apnea treatment because. Though they are aware of their daily fatigue, they generally have no idea what it causing it.
- False. While you may be able to make some changes to your lifestyle that can make your sleep apnea less intense, the collapse of your throat tissues requires sleep apnea treatment for comprehensive improvement.
- False. Sleeping on your back allows your soft tissues (like your palate and tongue) to slide toward your throat. This can contribute to your inability to breathe throughout the night, an issue we address with sleep apnea treatment.