Are you ready to speak with us about the potential benefits of nitrous oxide? We hope you recognize that we offer this sedation option to most of our patients, so everyone has the opportunity to enjoy a nice, tranquil time in the dental office. If you have been hesitating to go ahead with sedation, it may be time you let us know you’re interested and ask your questions, which we will be happy to answer. For now, see if you know more than you think you do with a quiz all about this sedative (also commonly known as laughing gas).
Laughing Gas: True-or-False Quiz
- True or False: You will take nitrous oxide before your visit, so you show up to our practice completely relaxed.
- True or False: Most people experience a variety of side effects but they are no worse than suffering from dental anxiety.
- True or False: Nitrous oxide is a relatively new dental sedation option in dentistry – however, it has been carefully tested.
- False. Unlike oral sedation, which is in a pill form that can be taken at home, laughing gas is something we administer in-office. It will work extremely fast, so you can achieve a calm, tranquil state right away.
- False. For the most part, nitrous oxide causes few to no side effects. Patients typically respond quite well to laughing gas, which is well-known for its ability to provide relaxation with a gentle approach.
- False. Patients often feel comforted by the knowledge that this dental sedation option has been used in the dental field for over 200 years.