When it comes to your nightly sleep disturbances – are you aware that they’re going on? Or, are you simply certain something must be happening because you keep waking up feeling more and more exhausted on a daily basis? Whatever the case, it is quite likely that you will require sleep apnea treatment or treatment for snoring. Though these are two different sleep problems, they are closely related – can you tell them apart? Take a quick quiz to test your knowledge regarding these nightly interruptions.
Sleep Apnea: True or False?
- True or False: Snoring and sleep apnea both occur due to throat muscles and tissues that become overly relaxed.
- True or False: The best way to determine which sleep disturbance is affecting your nightly rest is to read as much as you can on the topic and diagnose yourself – then, schedule a visit to see us.
- True or False: Sleep apnea treatment and treatment for snoring often include the same comfortable, noninvasive therapy.
- True. You may need sleep apnea treatment if your throat muscles and tissues are fully collapsing – or, you may require treatment for snoring if your throat muscles and tissues are partially collapsing.
- False. We suggest you contact us immediately to set up a consultation – by speaking with you about your symptoms, we can diagnose the problem and offer treatment.
- True. In many instances, we will suggest for both snoring and sleep apnea that you practice oral appliance therapy. This includes wearing a nightguard, which will gently reposition your soft tissues and jaws for open airways.