Do you love the idea of completely making over your smile with porcelain veneers? If so, you must have been thinking about cosmetic care for a decent amount of time to have settled on a particular treatment that you like. While you may feel enamored with the benefits, you may not feel quite so strongly about visiting us for a consultation. We find that this often happens because patients are worried about their candidacy. First, keep in mind that if veneers aren’t the best choice for you, a different treatment will be. In the meantime, see how much you know with a fun quiz.
Porcelain Veneers Candidacy: True-or-False Quiz
- True or False: You can receive porcelain veneers only on your natural teeth. If you are looking for a way to improve the appearance of a dental crown, you will need a different solution.
- True or False: If your teeth need protective coverage and esthetic improvement, you likely make a good candidate for veneers.
- True or False: We suggest porcelain veneers for individuals who have a long list of complaints regarding the beauty of their smiles.
- True. You will make a good candidate for veneers only if you are seeking a way to dramatically transform the appearance of your own teeth. We cannot apply veneers to artificial teeth.
- False. If you need full coverage as well as an improved appearance, you may require porcelain crowns. However, veneers are strictly cosmetic in nature, so we cannot place them over unhealthy teeth.
- True. If you are suffering from a single chip or you just want a whiter smile, you may make a better candidate for other cosmetic treatments that are not as comprehensive in nature.