How much do you know about emergency dentistry? Are you prepared to deal with a sudden accident like a broken tooth? Do you know how to respond if you’re suffering from a serious toothache? Fortunately, we are here to offer immediate care when you are in serious need. As for the particular details, you can find out whether you’re well informed (or if you have a bit more learning to do) by taking a quick quiz.
Dental Emergency Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Anything that requires immediate dental treatment, including a chipped tooth, food lodged between teeth, a toothache, a dislodged tooth, or a loose restoration qualifies for an emergency dentistry visit.
- True or False: If you are worried that your life is in danger, you should call 911 or have someone drive you to the emergency room – even if the problem has something to do with your oral tissues.
- True or False: After calling us, it is important to remain as calm as possible and to prepare to come to see us. If you feel particularly nervous, it can be a good idea to call a trusted friend to drive you to our practice.
- True. Whether you’re in serious discomfort or you require a repair to protect your oral health – and a regularly scheduled appointment simply won’t do – contact us right away.
- True. Anything that threatens your overall health or life is considered a medical emergency, which means you need emergency medical care – not dental care.
- True. Arriving at our practice safely for your emergency dentistry visit is extremely important – remember to remain calm and that we are here to help.