How much do you know about root canal therapy? Are you quite sure under which particular circumstances we suggest this restorative solution? Or, do you think you may need one but aren’t certain? First, remember that contacting us for a visit is always your best option for diagnosing a problem and receiving answers to your questions. In the meantime, we suggest that you quiz yourself – you will be able to see just how much you know about this treatment that can rescue your oral health.
Root Canal Therapy Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: You have a cavity that you have neglected – it has grown and become deep. This means that you will definitely require root canal therapy.
- True or False: Figuring out if your tooth is infected is something you need our assistance with – however, you can identify a potential infection by considering common symptoms.
- True or False: If your tooth is infected, we will need to perform root canal therapy. It is the restorative treatment that will allow you to avoid a dental extraction.
- False. We will need to examine your tooth visually and with the use of digital X-rays. We will only need to perform root canal therapy if your tooth is infected. Otherwise a dental filling or crown will be suitable.
- True. Just like you cannot tell by looking at your tooth if an infection is present, neither can we – we must rely on advanced imaging for verification. However, symptoms that point to the presence of an infection include a toothache, throbbing discomfort, a fever, pain, sensitivity to hot and cold, and a bump that persists on the soft tissue near your tooth.
- True. We cannot ignore an infected tooth because the infection will simply get worse. We can save your tooth with a root canal, so you do not need to deal with removal and replacement.