Patients learning about dental implants will quickly discover that these prosthetics offer an exceptional amount of advantages. Are you missing one tooth? Multiple teeth? All of your teeth? No problem. Implants can replace one tooth at a time or support larger prosthetics, such as full or partial dentures. However, you may find that even with their offer of exceptional stability, you feel concerned about the potential associated upkeep. You will soon find that even the maintenance of implants leaves little to be desired.
Dental Implant Care: True or False?
- True or False: You won’t need to visit us for cleanings anymore because dental implants are made of artificial tissue and cannot develop cavities.
- True or False: It’s important that you meet with us, so we can show you the special types of toothbrushes and equipment you need to keep your dental implants clean. Fortunately, you can purchase most of them without a prescription.
- True or False: Porcelain restorations for dental implants, such as dental crowns, can resist staining but it’s still important to clean them to prevent serious discoloration.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. It’s true that your implant post and your restoration will remain cavity free. However, you will still need to visit us once every six months for a dental cleaning and dental checkup, or as directed, to keep your gum tissue healthy and your implant safe. ;
- False. All you need is a toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste. We will instruct you to take care of your implants, restorations, and gums with the same methods we recommend for natural smile. This means that you can expect your daily routine to include brushing twice and flossing once.
- True. Porcelain will not immediately discolor just because you eat berries or indulge in a cup of tea. However, to keep your smile looking bright, it’s necessary that you brush and floss every day.
ABOUT YOUR SOUTHLAKE, TX DENTISTS:
As a native Texan, Gregory Wright, DDS, opened his private practice in Southlake, TX in 1992. He and Dr. Victoria Heron are happily accepting new patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and all surrounding communities. To learn more, call our office today at (817) 481-7999.