You may have heard of dentures and have a pretty solid understanding of what to expect from both the full and partial options. You may have also heard of dental implants and feel like you understand how they benefit smiles with missing teeth. However, you may feel like you need to learn more about implant dentures when you hear this somewhat confusing term. Fortunately, this type of dental prosthetic offers the best of both worlds for a patient suffering from tooth loss who is looking for a unique treatment option. Find out how much you actually know (and possibly learn some new facts) with the following quiz:
Implant Dentures True-or-False Quiz
- True or False: You will need an implant post placed in every single empty socket – we will place the denture over them.
- True or False: To achieve implant dentures, we will provide you with a denture that has small enclosures that will fit directly over the implants.
- True or False: The main benefit of implant dentures is the added stability.
Dental Quiz Answer Key
- False. The great thing about implant dentures is that we only need to use a handful of dental implants to support a prosthetic that replaces many or a full arch of teeth. You can expect us to place implants in strategic locations in your mouth to offer exceptional stability. You will not, however, need to provide as great an investment as you would by choosing single implants to replace a full arch of teeth.
- True. We will outfit the dentures to fit securely over the implants. Depending on the type of dentures we agree upon with you, you may receive removable dentures that you can take in and out of your mouth. Or, we may provide you with dentures that will become fixed and only removable when you visit our practice.
- True. On their own, dentures offer a long list of wonderful benefits. However, when you combine them with implants, you can expect exceptional stability. This is because traditional dentures rely solely on the suction naturally created within your mouth.
ABOUT YOUR SOUTHLAKE, TX DENTISTS:
As a native Texan, Gregory Wright, DDS, opened his private practice in Southlake, TX in 1992. He and Dr. Victoria Heron are happily accepting new patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and all surrounding communities. To learn more, call our office today at (817) 481-7999.