If you are dealing with a highly problematic tooth, you may be happy to find out that a dental crown can save your tooth. This means that other restorative treatments may not be sufficient to address your concern or damage but that does not mean you will lose your tooth. Rather than worry about a tooth that needs significant help or make assumptions, we ask that you please contact us to schedule an appointment. The sooner you visit us, the greater our ability to successfully help your smile. In the meantime, test your knowledge about crowns with the following quiz to find out what you do – or do not – know.
Dental Crown Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Your dental crown will look just like everyone else’s but it will offer great protection.
- True or False: We suggest crowns only if you have severely broken your tooth.
- True or False: Crowns offer full coverage, fitting over your tooth like a little cap.
Crown Quiz Answer Key
- False. We offer beautiful porcelain crowns that we will color-match to the teeth surrounding the target tooth. We will take impressions of your tooth, so the crown is custom-crafted to blend beautifully with your smile, while fitting its dimensions for a comfortable bite.
- False. We suggest crowns for a variety of reasons. The main underlying reason we suggest a crown is because your tooth is too damaged for other treatments, such as dental fillings, but your tooth does not need to be removed. For instance, we may suggest a crown for a severe cavity, breakage, or right after a root canal treatment.
- True. A crown restores the structure of your tooth, offering protection. This means that your tooth will be less vulnerable to bacterial invasion. You will also enjoy rejuvenated function for comfortable and effective eating and speaking.
ABOUT YOUR SOUTHLAKE, TX DENTISTS:
As a native Texan, Gregory Wright, DDS, opened his private practice in Southlake, TX in 1992. He and Dr. Victoria Heron are happily accepting new patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and all surrounding communities. To learn more, call our office today at (817) 481-7999.