Do you feel like you have struck gold by discovering teeth whitening to improve the brightness of your smile? Most patients feel extremely relieved to discover a treatment that can address years of wear-and-tear, while guiding them toward a significantly whiter smile. However, we often find that patients come up with a variety of questions that point to some not-so-accurate knowledge they take as fact when it comes to whitening. Rather than continuing to feel confused, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with this cosmetic solution. Think you know all there is to know? Test your knowledge with the following quiz:
Teeth Whitening Quiz
- True or False? Professional teeth whitening will offer you faster treatment but over-the-counter (OTC) products can help you achieve just as white of a smile as long as you are patient.
- True or False? When it comes to professional teeth whitening, we can only improve your smile if it suffers from discoloration due to natural aging.
- True or False? We offer either in-office or at-home whitening for your convenience.
Whitening Quiz Answer Key
- False. OTC products will likely not provide you with the same whitening that we can provide. They are available in universal formulas that, while not strong enough to provide dramatic whitening, may result in tooth damage. This is particularly true when patients fall victim to the overuse of OTC products in an attempt to achieve the desired shade.
- False. Whitening addresses most types of staining. This may include yellowing or darkening as the result of the natural aging process as well as tobacco use or the consumption of staining foods and beverages like coffee or berries. For severe staining, however, we may suggest an alternative option like veneers.
- True. Patients who wish to achieve immediately results may visit us in our office for Zoom! Whitening. We may also furnish you with bleaching gel and whitening trays, so you may whiten your teeth on your own at home.
ABOUT YOUR SOUTHLAKE, TX DENTISTS:
As a native Texan, Gregory Wright, DDS, opened his private practice in Southlake, TX in 1992. He and Dr. Victoria Heron are happily accepting new patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and all surrounding communities. To learn more, call our office today at (817) 481-7999.