Do you feel self-conscious about your smile’s appearance? According to a recent study conducted by Wakefield Research, over a third of American adults feel embarrassed of their smile. Teeth stains, misalignment, and other common issues dull the beauty of a person’s smile. Fortunately, your Southlake dentists, Dr. Gregory Wright and Dr. Victoria Heron, offer a solution for complete smile transformation in as little as two visits.
Southlake Tooth Veneer Quiz
1. True or False: Veneers are made from dental porcelain.
2. True or False: Tooth veneers address a number of common dental issues.
3. True or False: Veneers are long lasting.
4. True or False: Tooth veneers require the same care as natural teeth.
1. True. Veneers are fabricated from thin shells of dental porcelain. This material mimics the translucent qualities of tooth enamel. Porcelain is also durable. After checking the fit of your custom-made veneers, your Southlake dentists will place the veneers on the front of your teeth using a powerful bonding agent.
2. True. Dr. Wright or Dr. Heron may prescribe veneers to correct multiple smile imperfections. Veneers can mask permanent teeth stains and improve the appearance of misalignment. Veneers repair cracked, chipped, and even worn down teeth. Porcelain veneers also close gaps between teeth and reshape damaged or malformed teeth.
3. True. Veneers can provide several decades of quality, stain resistant restoration.
4. True. In order to maintain your new restorations, you should practice good dental habits. Always brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once. These measures help cleanse your mouth of harmful bacteria and stray food particles, reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. You should also attend regular checkups and cleanings with your Southlake dentists. Dr. Wright and Dr. Heron will assess the state of your restorations and watch for any developing dental issues that may hinder the health of your smile or the stability of your new veneers.
About Dr. Wright and Dr. Heron: Dr. Gregory Wright and Dr. Victoria Heron offer our patients in Southlake, TX the latest in cosmetic and comprehensive preventive and restorative dentistry. To schedule an appointment, call (817) 481-7999.