Instead of worrying about the dental extraction itself, we find that patients often become much more focused on the aftermath of the extraction. You know from speaking with us that the procedure is going to be convenient and comfortable. However, you’re not sure what to think about the days, months, and even years following the treatment. Should you prepare to receive a tooth replacement? Or, is this the end of the line for your required care? We can help (try our quiz).
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you come to us for a dental extraction for a wisdom tooth, we will not be moving ahead with a tooth replacement because your wisdom teeth are absolutely unnecessary for your oral health.
- True or False: If you need a tooth removed because it’s infected, severely damaged, or otherwise and it’s a necessary part of your smile, then it’s important to replace it.
- True or False: If you come in for a dental extraction because you need it to receive orthodontic treatment (often in the case of overcrowding), then replacing the tooth would not make any sense.
- True. If we’re removing your wisdom teeth, you can simply think to yourself, “Good riddance!” You do not need them and, if we’re taking them out, they’re causing you problems. No replacement necessary.
- True. If you’re not undergoing the removal for a wisdom tooth or alignment concerns but because the tooth is ill or damaged, you will certainly need to replace the tooth to protect your oral health (and to enjoy a full smile).
- True. When you need an extraction because you have too many teeth and you’re receiving orthodontic care to fix this problem and to align your smile, you will not require the replacement of the extracted tooth. It’s to your benefit to remove it.
Receive The Replacement You Need Today
If you require a replacement tooth after an extraction, the sooner you come in for a prosthetic to complete your smile, the better. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.