Have you been dealing with diabetes for quite some time? Perhaps you’ve recently received a diagnosis and you are not really sure how to proceed from here. Whatever the case, we like to make sure that our patients recognize that it can have a serious influence on the success of smile health. Did you know that if you have diabetes, you’re more vulnerable to problems with your smile? It’s true! As for other things you may (or may not) know, test your current knowledge with a quick quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are a patient with diabetes, your gums are more susceptible to inflammation and infection than a patient who does not have diabetes.
- True or False: The health of your gums is at such a high risk because your body is not as capable of healing (or avoiding the damage from bacteria) as a result of diabetes.
- True or False: You should most definitely talk with us about your diabetic condition, so we can best help you manage your smile health.
- True. Particularly when it comes to issues like inflammation and infection (both of which are the primary concern with periodontal disease issues like gingivitis and periodontitis), you are at a much higher risk when you have diabetes.
- True. Unfortunately, your resistance to infection decreases when diabetes is not managed.
- True. If you have had diabetes for years or if this is a new diagnosis, we urge you to let us know, so we can help guide you toward managing the issue and keeping your smile health safe.
Let Us Assist You With Your Healthy Smile
Avoid the possible side effects of diabetes and instead keep your oral health safe by coming in for dental care with our practice. Schedule care with your Southlake, TX dentist today by calling Gregory Wright, DDS at (817) 481-7999. We gladly serve patients from Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Trophy Club, Colleyville, and surrounding areas.